Monday, May 6, 2013

sunday at the harness races


I spent part of Sunday afternoon watching harness racing at the Krieau. I failed to find the entrance to the track from the enormous park near the Prater, so rather than waste time wandering around, I backtracked to the U-Bahn and caught a train to the Krieau station. Emerging into a glass-bedecked, and almost completely deserted office park, I thought I once again was in the wrong place, but after a short wander through the buildings, there was a drastic change in architecture, and the far side of the track materialized in front of me. I think it would be a gas to learn how to do this, but I'm not sure how to go about that at the moment. The picture is from the warm-up laps. Since everyone is spread out a bit, it's more interesting than the race pictures.

No comments: